With Yo-Yo Ma.
"Thanks for all your input and coaching. You had a huge impact on our musical understanding of the piece and the final impact and expression of the performance. I just wanted to say thanks for a great day of musical collaboration. What a wonderful experience and performance! I appreciate you." (Daryl Golden, woodwind freelance musician)
"Your coaching was so helpful. You gave us just the right amount of very practical and tangible suggestions balanced with thoughtful conceptual guidance. You were quick to intuit exactly what each group needed. On my evaluation paper I noted that you were the best coach I've had at any Santa Barbara workshop." (Jane Cox, pianist)
Pascal Salomon is coach for SoCal Chamber Music Workshop (Scripps College in Claremont, CA), and at Santa Barbara Chamber Music Society (UC Santa Barbara).
Master class with Yo-Yo Ma at Lubero Theater, Santa Barbara, in 2014.
With Murray Perahia after his UCSB recital in 2012.
- Winner of the scholarship for young performers in 1993 from the “Société de Musique d'Yverdon-les-Bains” (Switzerland)
- Prize of best French pianist in the Senigallia international contest in 1995 (Italy)
- Honor Diploma in the Maria Canals international contest in Barcelona in 1995 (Spain)
- Martin Kamen Fellowship
- Humanities and Social Sciences Research
- Erno Daniel Memorial Prize for
Distinguished Performance in Piano
- Graduate Division Dissertation Fellowship
- Outstanding Graduating Graduate Student (Music Dep.)
Pascal Salomon has performed intensively in France, Switzerland, Germany, Spain, Greece, Hungary, Moldova, Romania, Israel, China and USA, both in recitals and chamber music. Some of his solo appearances with orchestra are “Orchestre de la Suisse Romande”, “Sinfonietta” of Lausanne and "La Sinfonietta" de Genève, Orchestre du Capitol (Toulouse), National Chamber Orchestra of Moldova (Chisinau). He taught piano for nine years at the Music Conservatory of Geneva. He gave master classes in Romania (University of Art and College of Music in Iasi), in Hungary (Crescendo Summer Institute of Art), and in China (Yunnan Institute of Arts). Some of the major concert venues: “Ernest Ansermet Studio” Geneva Swiss Radio concert hall (Switzerland), Stravinski Auditorium Montreux (Switzerland), Toulouse Capitole (France), Chisinau Organ Hall (Republic of Moldova), Iasi Philharmonic Hall (Romania), Forbidden City Concert Hall (Beijing-China).
Pascal Salomon has studied at the “Conservatoire National de Musique de Paris” with Gabriel Tacchino. He has taken numerous master classes with the pianists Vera Gornostaeva (professor at the Tchaikovsky Conservatory in Moscow), György Sebök, Andras Schiff, Paul Badura-Skoda, Murray Perahia and Jeremy Denk. He was granted the virtuosity degree at the “Conservatoire Supérieur de Musique de Genève” where he studied with Edson Elias and Nelson Goerner.He obtained a Doctor of Musical Arts degree at University of California Santa Barbara (2017), under the mentorship of Paul Berkowitz and Lee Rothfarb. He is Collaborative Piano Faculty at Westmont College, in Santa Barbara where he currently lives with his family.
- "Excellent and talented"
(24 Heures Switzerland)
- "Beautiful sound!" (Murray Perahia)
- "Real presence...the wonderful Lisztian sonority is long, smooth and without superfluous effects"
( Le Bien Public-France)
-"This pianist touches to all of the styles with an exceptional ease, either in chamber music or with symphonic orchestras"
(City Theater of Sens - France)
- "This was a great event for people to bond with each other, with Israel and with Hungary. This is the prototypical event that we strive to produce and it was very successful last night." (Embassy Series concerts, Washington D.C.)